May 11, 2020
Please see attached link and complete the Covid-19 Pre-screen questionnaire at least 24 hours prior to your next orthodontic appointment. Thank you.
Dear Patients, Parents and Families,
We hope this letter finds you and your family safe and healthy. Our global and local communities have been through a life-changing period, and we are all hoping to return to some sense of normalcy soon. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, as you have experienced during all your previous visits to our office. This commitment to ensuring a safe, yet comfortable environment has been paramount to delivering orthodontic care to the best of our abilities. In light of current events, we want to tell you about the infection control procedures we currently and will continue to follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control protocols made by the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario, Canadian Association of Orthodontists and Ministry of Health. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures adhere to the regulations outlined, as dynamics change quickly.
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you before your next appointment to explain changes in our patient sign in process and clinical procedures. We will also review a screening questionnaire with you. You will be asked those same questions again when you arrive at the office.
- Prior to appointments please complete the pre-screening questionnaire located on our website (www.claringtonorthodontics.com). Alternatively the questionnaire can be completed by email through our confirmation system.
- Please call or message the office upon your arrival.
- We will ask you to wait in your car until we call/message you to enter the office
- Please wear a mask to the office.
- Please brush and floss before coming to the office as the tooth brushing station will not be available.
- Your temperature will be taken before you enter the office to further monitor your health status.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- We may ask you to rinse with an approved hydrogen peroxide rinse to reduce the concentration of bacteria and virus residing in the mouth.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines since these items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will be restricting the number of people coming to an appointment with the patient, limiting it to one (1) person only. Future appointments may be scheduled at the front desk or by phone.
- You may be surprised that our staff will be wearing masks and face shields and perhaps gowns and caps.
- Surgically Clean Air units with HEPA filtration and UV disinfection (to help purify the air in the office many times per hour) have been ordered and will be installed shortly. Cleaner air is just better for everyone, our staff and our patients.
Please note that we have not received information regarding when the office will re-open. We anticipate it will be shortly. We will contact you to schedule an appointment.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 905-623-8463.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your patience as we work through all these changes, and look forward to welcoming you back to our office.
Dr. Akbar Rawji
Dr. Greg Hergott