Akbar Rawji, B.Sc., D.D.S., M.Sc. Ortho., F.R.C.D.(C)
“I thoroughly enjoy working and interacting with adolescents and young adults through their formative years, while helping to create a smile for their lifetime. I also enjoy working with adult patients and strive to improve their aesthetics and function, often through a multidisciplinary approach. The details involved with creating the most beautiful smile, the combination of art and medicine, present challenges and rewards every day, and keep me passionate about my work.
“The relationships I develop with my patients are valuable to me. I enjoy learning about their lives, as they speak about their education, personal experiences, activities, and hobbies, while I share some of my life experiences with them. I am constantly amazed at the varied interests and personal achievements of my patients. I am truly humbled to be a part of their lives during this time of personal growth.” – Dr. Akbar Rawji
Education and Commitment to Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Science, University of Toronto
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery, University of Toronto
- General Practice Residency, New York Hospital Queens, NY
- Master of Science, Orthodontics, University of Toronto
- Cleft lip and Palate Craniofacial Fellowship, Sick Kids Hospital, Toronto
Dr. Rawji participates in continuing education courses through multiple orthodontic organizations and study clubs. Doing so allows him to stay on the leading-edge of knowledge and developments in the field, in order to provide his patients with the best care and treatment options available. In addition to working in private practice, he is a Staff Orthodontist at Sick Kids Hospital. He enjoys working in the clinic as well as teaching and interacting with Orthodontic Fellows and dental residents. He also presents a biomechanics seminar to graduate orthodontic students at the University of Toronto. Previously, Dr. Rawji was a clinical instructor for third and fourth year dental students in the comprehensive care clinic at the College of Dentistry at New York University and was an active member of the multidisciplinary Northern Clinic team with Holland Bloorview.
- Fellow, Royal College of Dentists of Canada
- Canadian Association of Orthodontists
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Ontario Association of Orthodontists
- Previously on staff at Holland Bloorview - 10 years
- Currently on staff at Sick Kids Hospital
- Co-president/Treasurer of University of Toronto Orthodontic Alumni Association
- Examiner for the Royal College of Dentists of Canada
A resident of North York, Dr. Rawji resides in the neighborhood where he grew up. He enjoys spending quality time with his family. They enjoy hiking and exploring the outdoors. Dr. Rawji enjoys running and fitness training as well as playing ball hockey with his sons and baking with his daughter.